For your birthday

There is no present to unwrap
No big gift on the table
No one hiding in the dark
No one waiting to yell surprise

I wish that on your birthday
I could give you what your heart desires
I wish that I could give you so many presents
All done up with fancy wrap and bows
I wish I could give you the world

Unfortunately, I can not give you all you want
All I can give you is what is in my heart

I can give you all my love
All the warmth and caring that is inside
I can give happy and joyful times
I can give you all my support
I can give you the promise of truth and honesty
I can give you memories that will make you smile,
When you look back on them

For your birthday
I give you a present that is for you and you alone

You must handle this present with care
For it is fragile and can be broken

The gift I am giving you is my heart
My whole heart.
I give it to you for the rest of my life and more

It may not be the world
It may not have all the bells and whistles
But it is my world
And I am giving it to you

Happy Birthday Sweetie